HESI, or Health Education Systems Incorporated, assists in preparing for entrance exams in a nursing institution. It is a standardized and recognized framework of tests that is a mandatory requirement before enrolling in a nursing school.
To ease your stress of passing the HESI exam, we have gathered all the essential information regarding the domain.
Narrow Down to the Test You Need
- The first step is to visit different institutions' credibility requirements and eligibility criteria.
- Browse through the HESI entrance exam requirements and find the tests.
- Thoroughly check if the test you selected fulfills the institution's requirements.
Finding Credible and Authentic Online Preparation Programs
- An online preparation site is another good option for individuals who struggle with focusing.
- Study guides help you maintain pace and review the courses through engaging learning methods.
- They also have short questions and answers and multiple choice questions, which guide the test preparation and give you a rough idea of where you stand.
Create an Attainable Study Schedule
- Making a good study schedule helps you remain focused.
- It assists in time management and organization of courses.
- You can create a weekly schedule to monitor your leisurely performance and pace.
Comprehending the Assessment Properly
- A total of nine courses/sections will be included in the HESI examination, which are;
- Anatomy and physiology
- Basic mathematics
- English grammar
- Reading and comprehension
- General knowledge
- Grammar and vocabulary
- Personality profile reading
- The HESI is an exam based on three-twenty-six multiple-choice questions. And the test includes similar marking criteria in each section.
Practice Online Quizzes
- Navigate through different online websites that offer relevant quiz preparations.
- You can even ask your online study guide to give you weekly online quizzes.
Reinforce Yourself, and Don't Stress Too Much
- Passing the HESI examination isn't simple, but one can achieve the goal through practice and continuous effort. Ensure you reinforce yourself after accomplishing the requirements at the end of each weekly schedule.
- Stressing over the examination is quite normal, but over-stressing and not being able to learn will only cost you as the fear will not let you focus adequately.
HESI Exam Criteria
The HESI exam includes specific topics which are further divided into sub-type;
The Nursing Procedure
It includes the basic knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, planning, evaluation, and implementation of paramedic procedures.
It includes general nursing fundamentals, mental health knowledge, patient care, senior citizen and pediatric care, community health knowledge, geriatrics, etc.
It includes primary patient care and management, pharmaceutical treatment, infection and health care, etc.
Is Retaking the HESI Test An Option?
Yes, you are eligible to participate in the HESI exam once every sixty days. However, you will not be able to participate in it after three tries over a year.
Wrapping It Up
The usual HESI score requirement in different institutions ranges from seventy-five to eighty percent of each exam section. To some, passing this exam can be a lot more challenging than graduating from High school. We hope this blog helped you understand the diversity and requirements of the HESI exam.